Tuesday, August 19, 2014

First Day of FIRST Grade


When they are young, show them compassion. 
 As they grow, teach them to be compassionate. 
Teach them to love creatures and people, 
 and they'll go on to teach others the same.

Well, I'm officially a mama of a FIRST grader...and I can hardly believe it!  Today, she walked up through the DE school doors and straight into Mrs. Ferguson's first grade classroom!
Vika with her first grade teacher Mrs. Ferguson

At six and a half years old, this lil' spit fire is excited to make new friends and show her teacher just how smart she is.  She continues to want to be a veterinarian when she grows up...although, the animals have changed.  She no longer wants to help the sick cats and dogs.  She now wants to work on all the zoo animals:  elephants, giraffes, leopards, monkeys, etc. :)

Click on the link: Vika reading :) to have a short book read by Vika, on the first day of first grade!  I can't wait to see how much she learns and how much she improves throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment