Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Smiles...and more smiles

Today was a great day of bonding with Vika!  She is my sweet angel and I am still amazed that the Lord entrusted me with such a precious lil’ girl.  We spent the day playing…literally that’s ALL we did today…play, snuggle, giggle, kiss and play some more.  She was full of smiles and being with her warmed my heart. 

However, given that it’s pushing 4 am here, and I got Vika back to sleep around 3 am, I'm thinking I'd better hurry and post some pics for everyone and save the blogging for a time when I’m not quite so sleep deprived.  :)
Playing with her Barbie


Mommy and Vika putting together her first puzzle

Border first...

She's getting the hang of this :)

I can do it, Mom!!!


Completed my first 24 piece puzzle!!!

Russian sounds book


Auntie Steph :)

Yummy...snack time

I LOVE this stuff...and will play with it for hours.

Mommy gives me crackers, as I play

MARKERS...what was mom thinking??


the next Picasso




My Russian doll from mommy

SMILE!!

She wanted ALL the doll's clips in her hair!!



3rd restaurant experience...Pizza Hut of course!

Hope you enjoy Vika’s sweet smile…I sure do!!!  Thanks again for all the prayers.  They were felt even from half way around the world!

13 comments:

  1. Rachel she is just precious and I am so happy for you both. You are going to be a wonderful mother :) You are both very luck to have each other. Praying many blessings for you and your sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! That's it! I'm ready to adopt again :) What's the weather like there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks very happy today! So glad you guys are doing well and that Stephanie could be there with you. She from hutch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed a good cry today. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! congrats!
    FYI - Olga's on the MFFM page!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures. Thanks for documenting and sharing. I'm honored to be able to share this experience with you. I don't see any pictures of Flat Stanley yet... LOL
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lil' V has the BEST MOMMY EVER!!!!!!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so happy to hear you had a good day. Praying the anxiety subsides a bit for both of you and you get some quality sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for all the kind words and prayers. Vika seems to be much more comfortable and not nearly as fearful as the first day. :)

    Autumn, the weather isn't bad at all. I mean, if you wear layers you can be outside for quite some time, without becoming a popsicle. :) It is much nicer than Tomsk in Feb, for sure!!!

    Alicia...Steph teaches for USD308 and lives next door to me :) So blessed to have her!

    Nicole, thanks for the info. I know she was on there before but her family fell through and she never got taken off. However, now she has a recommitted family. Amazing how God works things out in His timing. :)

    I have taken a few pics with Flat Stanley. But since I picked Vika up a day early, that eliminated our site-seeing day. I'm hoping to get back early enough from picking up her passport to walk around the hotel and take a few more pics.

    Okay all you momma's...I now understand why many of you have bags under your eyes!! LOL. Vika was up again from midnight to 2:30 this morning. I'm hoping it's the fever and that she's waking up when the meds wear off...or that it's the "typical" fears that momma's not going to be here when I wake up...in which case that will get better with time as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool that she was able to.go with you! Is little.v sick

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not sure what's wrong...she's had a fever for the last 38 hours, has a runny nose and has started sneezing. Please pray for Vika. I really don't want to take her to a doctor here in Russia...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It makes my day to see her this happy!!!! I am so glad she is doing so well. You are in my prayers!!!!

    ReplyDelete