Ugh, today was definitely a difficult day for me. I had to drop my sweet lil' babe off at day care and leave her while I taught my other kiddos. Now, I have taken her to the day care before to play and get use to things, but only for a short amount of time, and I always stayed with her. Today was the real deal, and leaving her was so difficult!!!
When I dropped her off, she gave me a hug and kiss and went to go play. Not a bad start. However, once she realized I wasn't there...and that it was going to be "quite some time" before I returned, the tears started. My poor baby missed her Mama and cried five different times for me. :-( It was heartbreaking to know that she was missing me sooo much and yet I couldn't go and get her. However, we are blessed to have a wonderful day care provider who loves what she does and cares deeply for all the kiddos. So, she was able to get her settled down, redirect her, and overall have a good first day.
I was concerned Vika would be "upset" with me and give me the "cold shoulder" when I arrived to pick her up. Thankfully, that was not the case. She stopped playing and immediately came and let me pick her up and give her kisses. Tonight has been a night full of cuddling, which I cherish and enjoyed very much! :-)
That must be so hard but I'd would imagine that each day will get a little bit easier. I remember the first time I dropped my daughter off and had to walk away with her crying, rip my heart out :( I bet Vika will come to love it there, her time with other kids.
ReplyDelete