I still cannot believe we have been home for three weeks TODAY. It just doesn’t seem possible!
Vika is nearly completely potty trained now. She is rarely having any accidents, and when she does it’s when our environment has changed…or in the case of one of the two incidents this week, mama continues to drive seven more miles after two warnings of “mama, pee pee”. So, I count that one as my opps and not Vika’s. She continues to wear a pull-up at night. However, I’m going to start waking her up before I go to bed and see if that helps keep her dry through the night. as I don’t want to restrict her fluid intake. So, we shall see how this next week goes, with me waking her up.
She continues to be a very picky eater. I am trying to introduce nutritional foods into her diet but that is difficult as I’m having little success in adding variety into her diet. I “fear” I have a vegetarian on my hands…not that a vegetarian is bad but this mama enjoys her beef with her potatoes!
Last Friday, I had a staff meeting up at the school that I needed to attend. So I had to leave Vika for an hour…it was so difficult for me. Luckily, Myndee was able to keep her up, at the office, for me. What a “relief” as Vika loves her Nana very much!! Anyhow, she did great! They watched Russian cartoons, drew pictures, and practiced “writing” her name and the names of other people. I don’t know how I’m ever going to go back to work…but in two weeks, that’s where I’ll be going.
Here is a video of Vika singing in Russian…precious…
Rachel, I Love watching Vika Sing she is so sweet! MORE PLEASE!!LOVE YOU BOTH,MOM,BUBUSHKA
ReplyDeleteI posted some more videos just for you today! Hope you enjoyed them!! We miss and love you!! xoxo
DeleteGreat singing. So cute.
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad
Can't wait for you to meet her in March!! She's so sweet dad...you'll fall in love with her!!
DeleteAdorable!! I remember when my little Elina sang her heart out in Bulgarian when she came home... what a precious reminder to see your little girl!
ReplyDeleteLove the video...what's it about? She is precious. Is she learning english good? So happy for you and all she has accomplished so far...yeah for big girl potty. Im working on that too. Lol
ReplyDeleteThat one is called cheburashka and it's about an animal...but it's famous and everyone in Russia knows about it. :) You can youtube it and get it in English if you're really interested ;). She's learning tons of English. I'm thinking by the time she starts school in Aug, she's going to blend in just fine with the other English speaking kiddos; no one's even going to know it's her second language. Good luck with the potty...it's quite the experience...
DeleteAnother great update on your cutie. It sounds like everyone is adjusting well. I'll send prayers that the transition back to work goes well also. God bless your little family!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the prayers Erin! I'm sure the drive to work that first week will be tearful :( I'm sure gonna miss my baby!
DeleteI am so happy she continues to do so well. Maybe we can get our heads together to figure out this eating issue. Alex is sooooooo picky and won't eat any vegetables! Maybe we can come up with some healthy dishes they like! So when are you coming over??? We can't wait!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Adri! I'm thinking we can drive down on either Wednesday this week or next Wednesday or Thursday whatever works best for you. I can't wait to finally have our babies reunited...in the USA!!!! What a blessing for them AND us!!
DeleteAlso, I'm working on getting some HEALTHY dishes to try with Vika. I'll be sure to share them with you :) I'll call you tomorrow sometime to get a time and date to come down!