I received my travel packet in the mail on Thursday!!!!! Let’s just say it is six+ inches thick of reading! And yes, I have already started reading it...so much to do in the next three to five weeks! CRAZINESS!!!
After months of wondering if I would ever get to meet my lil' angel, it is starting to come together! My dossier was submitted in lil' V's country on June 27th (two weeks later than I had planned). What does this date mean? Well, it means that I will getting a travel date and will finally travel halfway around the world, to meet my daugher! Many have asked if I have met her on my recent trip...and the answer is sadly...no. I have never loved on my baby girl...but that is all about to change! Praise the Lord! It could be as little as 10 business days or it could take as long as 4 weeks!! 10 business days is too close for this frazzled Mom (as that would this coming MONDAY) and yet 4 weeks is too far away! I just have to let God lead the way and follow in His footsteps, trusting in His timing!
The adoption process is not easy...or quick!! I’m not trying to discourage anyone in anyway…but what I am trying to say is, it continues to be a major growing experience for me. I am learning a lot about me, who I am…some good...some well, let’s just say I have areas I need to work on! You find out who your friends are, and who maybe aren’t so much…You find out who will be there for you when the going gets tough...You realize it is OK to ask for help and receive it...You question a lot...and go back and forth with yourself making sure the devil NEVER wins...Your spirituality is tested but definitely grows…You find that you feel closer and have more in common with people who you have never met (thank God for all of you who have walked this road ahead of me, and those of you who are journeying this path along side me)…you feel good, bad, happy, sad, excited, scared all at the same time and you realize that during all of this, you love this child you never met, more and more each day!
So, I plug along and keep doing what I have been doing and count my endless blessing each and every day!
I have been asked where I am in financing her adoption. I am going to sit down and really figure this out...one day. Everything I have done so far is just piece by piece! It’s working so I am not going to complain, but I will admit fundraising is tough and a hard job, and quite humbling! I have applied for some grants (and I plan on applying for more). I have been granted money from GfO...a large thank you to my church body. So, where does this leave me? I don’t know. I would love to say that my first trip is completely paid for but it's not. I continue to be about 3K short, but the Lord has provided thus far and I know He will continue to do so.
So, where am I? I am ALMOST there...to wrap my arms around my DAUGHTER, lil' V. And I couldn't be more excited! I ask for your continued prayers and support, as I continue down down the path to mommyhood!

No comments:
Post a Comment