Sunday, January 29, 2012

Friends Reunited and New Friendships Made...Week 5

After being in the states 4.5 weeks, Vika and I drove to OKC to be reunited with another precious child, from the Baby House in St. Pete.  He came home six weeks before I came home with Vika, but they still remembered each other and were full of smiles.

Well, after I cleared up a HUGE misunderstanding, due to the language barrier with Vika.  This was the first real "ahhhhhh, I wish I could communicate better with her", moment!!  We woke up early Wednesday so we could get on the road and have time with my cousin and their kiddos.  I was getting Vika her breakfast and was trying to lay out the "game plan" for the day.  I wanted her to know who was going to get to play with...o wait, what was his name in Russia?  I couldn't remember, as all I have ever known him as was Alex.  Of course Vika had no idea who Alex was.  So, I pulled up some pics of the children in the orphanage and I showed her one where she was playing with "Alex".  Excitedly she said, "play".  I responded, "yes play!!"  Thinking all was good, I left her to eat breakfast and I went to shower.  My mistake??  On the way up the stairs, I tell Vika that she gets to GO and PLAY with "Alex".  Returning back from taking my shower, I find my baby sitting in her chair crying.  After many questions and no real answers, I begin listening, between the tears, to Vika's words, "No play, mama.  No play.  Vika home. Ya tebya lyublyu Mama.  Potselui.  No play.  Home Mama.  No go."  I finally figure out what the problem is...I showed her a picture of her playing with him at the ORPHANAGE!!  Ahhhhh, my poor lil' girl thought I was taking her back to Russia!  O NO!!!  Never!!!  After calming her down, and showing her pictures of Alex with his family, she was ready to go play.  Ahhhhh, so much for getting "Mother of the Year"...

However, once we all piled outta the car and Alex and Vika saw each other it was nothing but smiles and laughter.  It was so great to finally meet Alex and his precious mama.  A day of rejoicing it was!!  All the kiddos got along great and had loads of fun.  Another "play date" is sure to come in the near future!
with her cousin, driving to meet the other three kiddos

The entire crew:  Tatiana, Raichelle, Alex
(also from St. Pete), Vika and Caden







Old friends playing together in the USA!!
































Prayer Request:
I return to work tomorrow, after taking six weeks off.  I am dreading, dropping Vika off at daycare at 7:15 and not seeing her until nearly 5:00 pm.  I know she'll be well-cared for and enjoy playing with the other three kiddos...however, I will miss her!  I pray she remembers what Sasha told her last weekend...Mama will be coming back!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you as you head back to work and that she understands.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun pictures!!! I loved them!!! Praying for you Rachel, such a blessing to have 6 weeks!! :) She looks like such a happy little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great the 2 of them got together! Ali now has a little boy from her group here in the States, but we're in CA and he is in NC, so I don't know when she'll get to see him. What a wonderful opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those are the hardest days. Good luck!! Hope it went well!

    ReplyDelete