Saturday, January 7, 2012

Two Weeks at HOME

Vika is so precious and I love her so much!!!! 

I can’t believe yesterday marked her second week being home.  It doesn’t seem possible…o how time flies when you’re having fun!  And fun is something that we have definitely been having!

Let me give you a BRIEF recap from Week 2.  We said goodbye to Babushka and Auntie Jenny on Tuesday morning…and what a difficult and tearful “good-bye” it was.  Vika loves them both so much and still doesn’t really comprehend where they are, or why she can only talk to them on the phone now.   Thankfully, she has been able to call and talk to Babushka numerous times (Auntie Jenny struggles to understand her on the phone, so calls to her are less frequent) and talks with her.


Sadness...having to say "goodbye"

Having fun with Auntie, while awaiting security

Tight Squeeze of her leopard from Auntie Jenny
Fully dressed, complete with undies socks, shirt, pants and shoes

Midnight trip to the Village Inn, with none other than Nana, Mady, and Emy.  And yes, Vika is in footie pjs (as I said, it was a midnight trip).
She also went to the dentist for the first time ever, this week and did surprisingly well.  She loves to brush her teeth, but I never dreamed that going to the dentist would be like a walk in the park for her…but thankfully it was!  I actually think she’s looking forward to going back!!!  Check out this smile…no fear!






trying out the glasses

I don't need your help...I CAN DO IT MYSELF!!!

See, I told you so!

Flossing by herself

brushing Mama's teeth

 
We also went to the mall with Anna and she played in the play area.  She enjoyed and wore herself out!  She slept nearly the entire drive home.



She also took her very first bubble bath…and LOVED it!!!


This morning we went to Burger King with Mykya and her family after her basketball game.  Mykya was so excited to go play in the play area with Vika…but Vika was too scared to play…but she did enjoy the french fries.


She also enjoyed a play date with Mady, Emy and Kya this week!!  Full of SMILES, GIGGLES and lots of fun!!  It was the best thing to hear "my" four girls full of so much joy...a taste of Heaven right here on earth!!  
we had more diversity in the dining room than all of Hutch!!!
Hungry Hungry Hippo




Capture the Butterflies







More Hippo Fun




Hope you enjoyed some of the pics, from the funfilled days, of Week #2...we sure enjoyed our time together!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Rach! So thankful that I can read about this even from 14 hours away. I am so thankful to the Lord for you, your testimony, and your heart. Thanks for posting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love all the pics!!! I hope Alex does this well at his dentist appointment, his teeth are not looking so good. :-( Love to see that she still full of smiles and seems to be adapting so well!!! I can't wait to see you both soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome to see how much fun you guys are having!! I almost have all my documents together for both the Registration Application AND the court dossier!! I am just waiting on the psych eval and then the homesutdy is DONE!!

    ReplyDelete