We (E, Cindy and I) arrived at the MoE at 9:11 this morning, hoping to be the first two going before the Committee. However, there were two families with another agency before us. At 10:51 it was finally my turn to go before the Committee and receive my referral.
| Standing outside the Ministry of Education and Science (MoE) prior to meeting with the Committee |
After meeting with the Committee (which is kinda a joke, given it was with my translator and one other individual), I was granted the referral to finally go meet my daughter. So, we arrived at the Baby Home at 11:24 am. Cindy met with the social worker at the orphanage first...then it was finally my turn. The moment I had been waiting for...I walk into the room, learn more details about lil' V, and for the first time, I lay eyes on the beautiful Russ*an child who climbed right up on my lap. I've been told she is shy and serious, but I believe that was God protecting His child's heart. She came right to me, sat on my lap during the meeting, and now points and comes to me when asked "Who's your Momma?" or "Where's your Momma, V?"
| I signed the official paperwork!!! |
How touching! How can words begin to express that moment? For her and you?
ReplyDelete