Thursday, August 11, 2011

What an e-mail can bring...I got travel dates!!!

Monday night, I had a dream that Susan (with my adoption agency) called to give me the much awaited travel dates.  They were so real that when I woke up the next morning, I found I had actually sent out a text stating that I had received my travel dates.  Needless to say, I was disappointed when I realized it was nothing but a dream and I would need to continue waiting. :(

Fast forward 24+ hours, to Tuesday afternoon.  I was thinking about my daughter, lil' V, who is in EE waiting for her forever family (ME) to come and bring her home.  She had been on my mind all month as I waited to finally find out when I would be granted permission to finally travel to meet this sweet lil' girl.

It was on Tuesday afternoon, that I FINALLY got my travel dates!!!!!  I am so excited, I don't even know what to say.  Even though the timing is not ideal, with school starting Monday (the 15th), I am thankful to have this "dream" finally be coming true.  I am traveling August 27th and will arrive in the beautiful culture-filled city of St. Pete on the 28th.  I will have a day to adjust to the time change and hopefully do a lil' sightseeing before my appointment with the Orphan Committee...and more importantly meet my sweet lil' V.  I will get to visit with her for a few hours, for three days, before returning back to the states, on the 1st of September. This is a very short trip and I am sure it will go by so fast.  

I can't imagine how difficult it will be to leave her in the baby home.  But I find comfort in knowing that I will be back in two to four months, to go to court to adopt her.  My second trip will be a much longer visit (30 days or so) and will end with me bringing bringing my DAUGHTER home for forever!!!!

Once again, thanks so much for the continued encouragement, thoughts and prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment